Department of Computer Science
About the Department
The Department of Computer Science was established in 2004. Computer science is a fast-moving field that includes the disciplines of Mathematics and Programming. We train students to keep pace with the changes in the developments in all the fields of Computer Technology. Our students develop practical skills with well known recent programming languages namely PYTHON, JAVA, C, Visual Basic packages, Graphics and other hardware oriented concepts (Digital logic and Microprocessor).
The curriculum is regularly updated in order to adapt effectively to the changing needs and changing times of industry. In order to bridge the gap between classroom teaching and the industry requirements, the department organizes expert talks and seminars on current topics through Student Forum. It is an excellent platform for students to develop new ideas along with innovative and out-of-the-box thinking. The students have brought laurels to the department by winning various competitions and events held across the country.
Guest lectures, case study presentations, business presentations and other related programs are organized to provide insights into the latest developments and trends in the industry. Students are offered a plethora of opportunities to acquire and improve key competencies in Computer Science, which further encourages them to pursue careers in the highly competitive IT sector along, with equal emphasis on human values and professional ethics.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Main focus of all our faculty members is to impart quality teaching to the students in the teaching-learning process.
- Our Meritorious Students have received 11 gold medals from Pondicherry University since 2004
- Our department offers Expert lectures, Seminars, Hands on Workshops, Students Forum, Webinars, Students Project Exhibition, and on a variety of topics every semester, to provide value addition to the curriculum.
- Department offers wide array of research opportunities and programs of study at undergraduate level.
- Focus on learning by doing wherein students get exposure to the practical environment through live projects and industrial visits.
- Placement classes and workshops arranged for B.Sc(CS) final year students for enhancing communication and interview skills.
- Inter and Intra-Collegiate programmes, a platform for the students to equip their knowledge in all fields, are conducted.
- Mini projects and In-plant trainings to impart practical knowledge to the students.