Department of BBA
- The BBA students from The Department of Business administration participated and won prizes at INTER SPORTS competition on 03/02/2020 organised by government of puducherry , karaikal
- The BBA students from The Department of Business administration participated and won prizes at National level management meet on 19.9.2019 organised by saradha gangaratharan college, Puducherry
- The BBA students from the Department of Business administration participated and won prizes at ZEPHYR on 5/03/2020 organised by st.joseph college, cuddalore
- The BBA students from the Department of Business administration participated and won prizes at dance competition on 30/1/2020 organised by alliance francaise pondicherry.
- The BBA students from the Department of Business administration participated and won runner up at business meet 20/02/2020 organised by jammal mohamed college, trichy
- The departement of Business administration (BBA) inaugrated the “BUSINESS BARON’s CLUB” as a part of students activity programme for the business students forum and business literature series conducted by the department of BBA students.
Department of B.COM
The department of Commerce is effectively conducting various intra and intercollegiate competitions to continuously assess the capability and potential of the students and to motivate them in broad aspects.
The department has conducted a two Day National Conference on ‘Recent Paradigm Shift in Finance & Management on 30th & 31st October, 2019..
Department of Commerce has organized an industrial visit and education trip to “Kerala” for II year B.Com students on 2019
The students put their heads and hearts together to participate actively in all the curricular, extra-curricular activities of the college in order to develop their self-confidence and leadership qualities which would transform them into a responsible business people and leaders.
The department has its special feature of conducting ACHARIYA BUSINESS LEAGUE (ABL) intercollegiate event every year to create an opportunity to accelerate the hidden talents of the young minds and also to train them to be morally and intellectually aspiring individuals.
The department has conducted a one day national level seminar on STARTUPS ENTREPRENEURSHIP WHICH IS THE ROAD MAP TO THE HIGHER ECONOMIC GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT on 16.03.18.
Department of Commerce has organized an industrial visit and education trip to “Ooty” for III year B.Com students on 06.04.2018.
The department has been credited with a considerable number of prizes and recognition in each year from our college and other colleges and industries.
The department has been conducted a guest lecture on Capital gains and set off carry forward of income and losses on 20.10.16 and also conducted a list of guest lecture on Issue of shares and its valuation at the seminar hall on 13.09.17.
The department of business organized a program titled “SALAM TO KALAM” at Achariya campus; students contributed blood donation, sapling plants, and cultural events on sep-2016.
- Anbu of B.Com 2014-17 batches received the Indira Gandhi Award for best NSS Volunteer for the academic year 2016-17.
- Archana of II B.Com won the first prize in essay competition in national level and received Rs.1Lakh cash prize with award organized by Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Social Welfare Association.
- Darshana of B.com 2014-17 batches secured the award for best outgoing student during the academic year 2016-17.
- Darshana of B.com won the first prize for the event best manager organized by the department of business administration (Exobiz 2017) in Jammal Mohamed College at Trichy.
- Abbas of B.com (2014-17) batch won the first prize for the event best manager organized by the Department of Management Studies at Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology.
- Abbas of B.com (2014-17) batch won the first prize in business quiz event organized by the Department of Commerce, School of Management, Pondicherry University.
- Abbas of B.com (2014-17) batch won the first prize for the event best manager organized by the Department of Management Studies at Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Madagadipet.
- Pankaj of II B.Com (2016-19) won the first prize in Business Quiz competition in the inter collegiate meet organized by Department of Management Studies at St.Joseph Arts and Science College Cuddalore.
- Pankaj of II B.Com(2016-19) won the first prize in Success of sixty seconds competition in the inter collegiate meet organized by Department of Management Studies at St.Joseph Arts and Science College Cuddalore.
- K.Sourabh of I B.Com (2017 – 20) won the first prize in Business Plan competition in the inter collegiate meet organized by Department of Management Studies at Pondicherry Engineering College.
Department of B.COM CS
The faculty members and students have attended many international and national level conferences and won the best presenter award during the academic year 2018-2019.
The Department inaugurated the Achariya Corporate Secretaryship Club in the academic year 2018-2019 and organised many events through club.
International Commerce Day:
Department of B. Com CS conducted International Commerce day held on 18.10.18 at the ACET Conference hall and the special speech given by resource person Dr. P.Sridhar, Professor of International Business Studies, Pondicherry University.
Department of B. Com CS conducted Intra College Competition based on club activities such as IPL auction, One Man Army, Ad zap and created endeavours of ducks in a row.
Our student Kaniamudhu Vasanth of 2nd B. Com CS had participated in the physically disabled cricket under the physically disabled board of cricket. He won man of the match and trained for selection in the Indian team.
Students Research and Conference
The best paper presentation award was won by “Kruthiga.R” of III B. Com CS was the highlighted achievement of the event semester.
National Service Scheme:
NSS volunteer P. Chandrasekar of II B. Com CS participated in South Zone Republic day parade at Visweshwaraya Technological University, Regional Centre, VIAT at Bangalore.
A commendable field trip around Pondicherry region was organized by Mr.V. Premkumar to the students of I B. Com CS held on February 22nd 2019 for the subject Environmental studies.
The blossomed occasion of Industrial Visit to “Diana Plywood Pvt Ltd, Kerala was organized by Dr. D. Rajaprabu and Mr. K.K. Mathivadhanan to the final year students.
Student Excellency Award
Best outgoing student award was received by R. Kruthiga of III B. Com Corporate Secretaryship during the Academic year 2018-2019.
Department of Mathematics
HIGH QUALITIES: (EXCELLENCE)
The department of Mathematics proudly presents 3 Gold Medallions
|1||2004-2007||Mr. B. Ganesh Kumar||93.93%|
|2||2005-2008||Ms. T. Kalpana||92.77%|
|3||2013-2016||Ms. R. Naveena||89.2%|
Also all the passed out batches from 2004 to 2019 are having exemplary pass percentage
In addition to it number of centum produced by the department is 352 under Non CBCS Pattern and 77 ‘O’ Grades under CBCS (choice based credit system) Pattern.
|SL.NO||BATCH||NO. OF CENTUM||SYLLABUS|
|1||2004-2007||68||Non CBCS Pattern|
Further more two students named S. Aiswarya (2010-2013) and K. Nivetha (2013-2014) were selected to do their higher studies at IIT Madras by crashing the JAM entrance exam.
Department of Computer Science
Students from III BCA participated in Australian Education Fair on 01.09.18 at IELTS Chennai.
Services offered by IDP India include guiding students at each and every step by helping them choose the right course, submitting their applications, visa processing as well as pre-departure briefings. The counselors are also available even after the student reaches his/her study destinations. IDP has a total of 27 offices across India.
2.NATIONAL LEVEL WORKSHOP:
Students from BCA attended “Game and Hack – Record Achievement” under the theme “World’s Biggest International Hands on Gaming and security Workshop” by wikitechy.
The game and hack workshop has been conducted on 9th September 2018. The motive of the workshop was to learn how to hack and game concepts in relation of data science. This is conducted by the world’s no.1 Microsoft approved company named “kaashiv infotech”, wikitechy.com. Their literal aim is to complete their world record of “game and hack” ,where this provides students an clear idea about hacking and they got their “World Record Holder” award from the Wikitechy
- Ethical hacking
- Server hacking
- System hacking and modification (practical demos).
3.IN PLANT TRAINING:
Our Students from BCA, Computer Science, I/T where allotted “IN PLANT TRAINING (I P T)” at LENOVA INDIA PVT. LTD situated in Thavalakuppam, Pondicherry during 25.08.18 to 31.08.18.
This is Highly Relevant Program that provides PRACTICAL SOUND KNOWLEDGE to their Academics. The undergoing I P T enrich and showcases the following: CPU ASSEMLING, TROUBLE SHOOTING, TESTING, PACKAGING LAPTOP UNITS, QUALITY ASSURANCE, CHIP LEVEL ASSISTANCE etc.
We had an educational trip to MATHI OLI LIBRARY in Pondicherry and herbal botanical garden on 27.7.18
- Department of Computer Science, the Department of Computer Application, and the Department of Information Technology together inaugurated Computer Science Club, “Achariya Infomaniac Club” (AIC) on 12.9.18
- AIC was inaugurated by our Chief Guest Dr. G. Vadivelou, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Kanchi Mamunivar Centre for PG Studies, Lawspet.
- PAPER PRESENTATION
Prizes were distributed to the winners:
Our student S.Balachandru of II BCA won the Bronze Medal for the Karate championship.
7.VOLLEY BALL CHAMPIONSHIP
Two students from II BCA has participated in AASC volley ball team which won silver medal and in second place out of 24 teams conducted in Pondicherry University ON 27th October 2018.
8.KAVIYARASU KANNADHASAN VIZHA
Our department student Gayathri from II-BCA got special prize for music competition at “Kaviyarasu Kannadhasan Vizha” which is organized by Kannadasan kalaikudam.
9.NATIONAL LEVEL TECHNICAL SYMPOSIUM
The students of B.Sc Computer Science have participated in “DOTVZ 8.0” on 4th September 2019 at “University College of Engineering”Tindivanam. Our students won Prizes on various events. This great event was coordinated by Mrs.P.Kalaiselvi, Asst. Prof (CS) and Mr.G.Kathiravan, Asst. Prof (BCA).
- Student of I CS , LOGESH won First Prize in Data Bank event.
- Student of III CS , YUVARAJ won First Prize in Fete N Festa.
- Student of II CS , KEERTHANA won Second Prize in Data Bank event.
- Student of III CS , SHANTHINI won Second Prize in Fete N Festa.
- Students of III CS , YUVARAJ & THAVEERUL IRFAN won Second Prize in Paper Presentation.
10.SEMAPHORE 2K19 – WHICH IS CONDUCTED AT SARADHA GANGADHARAN COLLEGE AT VELRAMPET ON 14/08/2019
- Selvi V ROSHINI FROM IIIrd year Computer Science got First Prize in Paper Presentation on the topic of “ BLUE BRAIN TECHNOLOGY
- Selvi NANDHINI R from IIIrd year Computer Science got Third Prize in Poster Presentation on the topic of “ PREVENTION OF CHILD ABUSE “
- Students of Third year Computer Science NIHARIHA SHARMA , THAVEERUL IRFAN , YUVRAJ , DHANALAKSHMI , NANDHINI , KEERTHANA , SWETHA and SHANTHINI participated in various events like Debugging , Web Designing and Quiz Competition.
- Student of Second year Computer Science SANJEETH participated in Solo Dance .
- MUGILAN and NEELAKANDAN Participated in Photography Event.
- ESWAR RAJ and FERDINAND Participated in Short Film.
Student of First year Computer Science ANKIT JAT R participated in State Level Wrestling Championship conducted by Pondicherry University associated with State Wrestling Association at Indira Gandhi Stadium on 9th & 10th November of 2019.
and he won the Silver Medal for the State Level Wrestling Championship.and he won Bronze Medal in Intercollegiate wrestling event.
Department of Bio-Technology
Health campaign was carried out by final year students of Biotechnology and NSS volunteers to the public of Keezhsathamangalam village, as part of NSS special camp on 06.03.21.
“Mushroom cultivation project” was inaugurated by honorable MD ji Dr. J. Arawindhan, on 18.02.21, as part of student activity to promote and motivate students’ life skills. This project to be continued and maintained by students of Biotechnology under the guidance of biotech faculty Dr. A Arulkumar.
Department of Biotechnology organized “Nutritional and health campaign” for +2 students on 25th January 2021. Our chief guest Dr. Rajini, Assistant professor, PG and Research Department of Home Science, Bharathidasan Women’s College, Puducherry gave a talk on importance of health nutrition. General physical and mental health checkup was carried out for the +2 students and AASC staff members.
Biotechnology department organized international webinar on “Bacterial infection” hosted by Dr. R. Srinivasan on 4th January 2021.
Department of Biotechnology has organized an invited guest’s speech on 27.6.19. Dr. T. Thangarasu, Senior Scientists ‘E’, in Science and Engineering Research Board of Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi. His inspirational and informative speech covered the core area of funding to the PG & Ph. D., scholars and particularly Girls student from the CSIR, UGC, DST & DBT of Government of India.
BIOTECHNOLOGY NATIONAL INSTITUTE VISIT
The faculty member Dr. T. R. Rajaram, Mrs. M. Meenachi and Dr. Arulkumar along with the II & III B.Sc., Biotechnology students had visited Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology (RGCB) at Thiruvananthapuram, kerala on 27.9.2019.
BIOTECHNOLOGY CLUB INAUGURATION AND ACTIVITIES
Department of Biotechnology organized “Nutrition and Psychology Campaign” on 25th January 2021.
Department of Biotechnology has organized the Biotechnology club inauguration on 28.8.19. The resources person Dr. V. Gopal, principal, Mother Theresa Post Graduate & Research Institute of Health Sciences, Puducherry. He addressed the gathering with his inspirational and informative speech on herbal medicine.
Biotechnology club” Biogenix” has organized Intra-department competitions: quiz, connection and mono acting related to Biology.
NATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ORGANIZED
The two days National Symposium on” Emerging trends in Biosciences” Biocosmos 2020 was organized by the department of Biotechnology at Achariya Arts and Science College on February 27 & 28- 2020. Bioscience legendary speaks spared the session and the following competitions were conducted: e-poster presentation, facial art, quiz, connexion and on spot poster making and around 250 participants from various colleges and University from Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
Biotechnology faculty Dr. A.Arulkumar and Dr. S. Radha along with II and III B.Sc Biotechnology students visited CAS in Marine Biology, Annamalai University, Parangipettai on 12.2.21.
Department of Biotechnology organized a field visit to Aranya Forest on 17.7.19. This is a man made forest it covers 100 acres of Auroville area for the last 25 years. Our students and faculty members were actively participated and experienced the new plants, birds, animals and interior forest area.
Biotechnology faculty members Dr. T. R. Rajaram, Dr. A. Arulkumar and II B.Sc., Biotechnology students have visited Gratitude organic farm to develop their skills in new agriculture technology and agri based startups at poothuri.
The team of staff members Mr.V.Panjatcharam, Mrs.M.Meenachi, Mr.Balamurugan and l year students from Biotechnology visited Ponlait – milk processing unit and Effluent Treatment plant, Biodiversity of Ousudu lake as EVS field visit.
CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOP ATTENDED
III B.Sc Biotechnology students Tharini, Akshaya, Harish, E. Karthikeyan, Isaimozhi attended National conference on Intellectual Property Rights and Bioethics in current scenario – IPRBE 2021 organized by PG and Research department of Biochemistry, Theivanai Ammal College for women, Villupuram on 06.02.2021.
III B.Sc., Biotechnology students Hariprasath, Ravikumar, Bharath, Saraswaty, Devika, Suvetha, and shreenithi attended one day workshop on foldscope at Indra Gandhi Government High School, Kattarikuppam, Puducherry on 20/7/2019.
The Biotechnology faculties Dr.T.R.Rajaram, Dr. Arulkumar & III B.Sc., Biotechnology students attended two days Indo-mexican conference at Microbiology department, Pondicherry University. Our students participated in various competitions and won 1st prize in facial art and 3rd prize in poster presentation.
Biotechnology faculties Dr. A. Arulkumar, Dr. Yuvaraj, II & III B.Sc., Biotechnology students attended three days’ workshop on Bioelectrochemical Technologies for Waste to Energy Conversion and Resource Recovery held on Centre for Pollution Control & Environmental Engineering Pondicherry University, Puducherry on 22-24 July 2019.
Biotechnology faculties Dr. T.R Rajaram, Mr. Panjatcharam, I & II B.Sc., Biotechnology students attended one day National Seminar on Recent trends in Plant Science and Biodiversity held on Department of Botany, E.S. Arts and Science College, Villupuram on 8th Jan 2020.
Biotechnology faculties Dr. A. Arulkumar, Mrs. M.Meenachi, I & II B.Sc., Biotechnology students attended two days’ National Conference on Recent trends in Microbiome Research-2019 held on Department of Microbiology Pondicherry University, Puducherry on 21-22 March 2019.
STUDENT’S CAPACITY PROGRAMME
On 06/03/2020 MITELITE’2020 conducted by Department of Management Studies at Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology. Two Bio-Tech Students (Fowzhiya and Shoba) won First prize and awarded cash prize of Rs.1000 on Corporate Walk.
Our students Karishma of II Biotechnology have participated “Pondicherry Heritage Festival” dance competition, conducted by Alliance France. She won II prize in Folk dance.
Ms. Simran Shaw.S of I Biotechnology have participated and bagged I prize in Poster making and II prize in Fun Game competitions, Organized by Bharathidasan Women College, Puducherry.
Ms. Simran Shaw.S of I Biotechnology participated and bagged II prize in Poster making competitions, conducted by Department of Commerce, Pondicherry University on 4th Feb 2020.
Ms. Saamisha.P of I Biotechnology participated and bagged II prize in Tamil Haiku Writing Competition Conducted by St. Joseph College of Arts and Science Cuddalore.
Ms. D. Devika, I. Revathi and S. Suvetha of III Biotechnology have participated and bagged I prize in Rangoli competition at PECOFES 2020, Conducted by Pondicherry Engineering College on 29 Feb 2020.
Bioquiz on General Awareness on COVID-19 conducted on 29, 30, 31 May 2020, by Department of Biotechnology, Achariya Arts and Science.
Faculty Development Programmers on Stress Management conducted by ICTACT at AASC
RESEARCH ARTICLES PUBLICATION
- Selvaraj Gopi, Abimannan Arulkumar, Arumugam Ganeshkumar, Rajendran Rajaram, Jose Manuel Miranda and Sadayan Paramasivam. 2020. Heavy Metals Accumulation in Seagrasses collected from Palk Bay, South-eastern India. Marine Pollution Bulletin. [Impact Factor: 4.049] Elsevier
- Abimannan Arulkumar, Bikari Swain and Sadayan Paramasivam. 2020. Shelf life extension of sardines (Sardinella albella) using betel leaf (Piper betle) incorporated ice. Food and Bioprocess Technology. doi: 10.1007/s11947-020-02466-1. ISSN: 1935-5149. [Impact Factor: 3.356] [Springer].
- Abimannan Arulkumar, Kumar Satheeshkumar, Sadayan Paramasivam, Palanivel Rameshthangam and Jose M. Miranda. 2020. Chemical Biopreservative Effects of Red Seaweed on the Shelf Life of Black Tiger Shrimp (Penaeus monodon). Foods, 9, 634; doi:10.3390/foods9050634. ISSN 2304-8158. [Impact Factor: 4.092] [MDPI].
- A.Arulkumar, K.Sampath Kumar, S.Paramasiva. 2020. Antibacterial and in vitro antioxidant potential of Indian mangroves. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology doi.org/10.1016/j.bcab.2019.101491. [Elsevier]
- Thomas Rosemary, Abimannan Arulkumar, Sadayan Paramasivam, Alicia Mondragon-Portocarrero and Jose Manuel Miranda. 2019. Biochemical, Micronutrient and Physicochemical Properties of the Dried Red Seaweeds Gracilaria edulis and Gracilaria corticata. Molecules, 24, 2225; doi: 10.3390/molecules 24122225 [Impact Factor: 3.267] [MDPI].
- Abimannan Arulkumar, Pasumpon Nigariga, Sadayan Paramasivam, Rajendran Rajaram. 2019. Metals accumulation in edible marine algae collected from Thondi coast of Palk Bay, Southeastern India. Chemosphere [Elsevier]. [Impact Factor: 5.778].
TOP DOWNLOADED PAPER 2018-2019
CONGRATULATIONS TO Dr. A Arulkumar whose paper has been recognized as one of the most read in Journal of Food Safety by Willy Publication.
Department of English
1. Abenaya.S had participated in NSS Mime (2018), badminton (2018) in Rajiv Gandhi College, Manakular Vinayagar College workshop (2018) ,Achariya’s throwball & rangoli competition and stall in Achariya Bazzar.
2. Abinaya.K had participated in mime in St. Anne’s college , enacted in street play RCT Pondicherry(V Prize),mime for Teacher’s day program, drama for AIDS Awareness(V Prize),mime in Literary Club, dance(I prize) & rangoli competition in Pongal celebration, won second in throwball ,participated in JIPMER hockey competition and stall in Achariya Bazzar.
3. Agnes Sharon.S had won first prize in Literary Club mime competition and participated in sports such as hockey,kabadi,badminton.
4. Buvaneshwari.R had participated in Bio-technology’s cooking competition and also in kho-kho and rangoli competition in Achariya Arts and Science college.
5. Devanshi Rakhecha . M had won first in Bio-technology’s salad and juice competition and participated in Teacher’s day dance competition.
6. Dhanalakshmi.R had won second prize in ring ball , third in badminton and also participated in Bio-technology’s cooking competition,kho-kho,ringball,trowball and rangoli competitions in AASC.
7. Jaya Priya.G had won first prize in pongal celebration dance competition and participated in cooking,rangoli competition and also stall in Achariya Bazzar.
8. Maheshwari.M had won third prize in badminton and second in ringball competition and participated in rangoli competition.
9. Muthuswetha.M had participated in salad and juice competition,trowball,rangoli and badminton competition.
10. Nathiya.S had won first in mime and also participated in poetry and rangoli competition.
11. Priyanka.J had participated in Literary club drama,Bio-technology cooking ,Teacher’s day mime,rangoli,pot painting ,dance,throwball competition ,singing competition in Mahatma Gandhi college and stall in Achariya stall.
12. Sabari Sri.S had participated in Literary club mime,rangoli competition,Teacher’s day mime, hockey(JIPMER),Manakular Vinayagar workshop,stall in Achariya Bazzar and won first in pongal dance competition and fifth in AIDS awareness drama.
13. Saranya.G had won second in St.Anne’s college literary parade and also participated in kabadi,rangoli and cooking competition.
14. Sevanthi.V had participated in NSS mime,salad &juice and rangoli competition and also stall in Achariya Bazzar.
15. Sindhiya.S had won first in pongal dance and participated in rangoli,throwball ,AIDS awareness drama competitions.
16. Sowmiya.S had participated in throwball and badminton competitions.
17. Srinishiya.S had participated in mime and rangoli competitions.
18. Tamizhelakiya.M had won first in Literary Club mime and participated in various competitions like rangoli,pot painting,cooking and badminton(Rajiv Gandhi college)
19. Alka.B had won first prize in poetry writing and second in drama in Literary meet and also participated in poem writing,essay writing,slogan writing and elocution and enacted drama for Literary meet and club as guest performance.
20. Auropritivirajan.E had won first in literary meet mime and participated in St. Anne’s college mime and literary meet mime.
21. Bharathy.B had participated in AIDS awareness Red Ribbion Club drama,essay writing,speech,drama and won first in mime,second in singing.
22. Bhuvaneshwari.M had participated in literary meet drama.
23. Fahad Alsha.S had won first in mime,second in carom Namasthay academy and participated in pongal debate and singing.
24. Gayathri Sahadev had won first in poster presentation(literary meet &POPLIXER) and in throwball ,pongal pot painting and also participated in poster (RRC),poem writing slogan writing and quiz competitions.
25. Kaviya.K had won first in poster presentation(literary meet) and second in poem writing and also participated in poster (RRC), slogan writing and quiz competitions.
26. Manisha.S participated in cooking,essay writing,mime(St.Anne’s),badminton competition,literary meet mime and AIDS awareness drama, and won second in literary meet drama.
27. Murasolirajan.T had won first in mime(literary meet,literary club,first tamil poetry, second in pongal tamil poetry,second in Barathidasan Tamil Sangam tamil poetry and also delivered criticism on novel”Kambam” & “Alexander Colony” as Chief guest and participated in feminism seminar and mime(St. Anne’s).
28. Nivedha.N had participated in drama(RRC),rangoli,essay writing,cooking and women’s day sports competitions and also won first in drama(POPLIXER),second in throwball.
29. Oviya.A had participated in cooking competition and volunteered in NSS Keezhsanthamangalam camp,NSS World environment day rally,NSS rock beach cleaning,NSS Kombakam awareness program,Uruvaiyarur awareness rally,botanical garden cleaning,NSS summer internship camp,campus cleaning,helmet awareness,old harbor cleaning and medical camp and was awarded as best NSS voluntary and also a member of Pasumai Thuligal.
30. Oviya.A had won third in AIIDS awareness Keezhsathamangalam skit and participated in cooking,elocution,singing,MC,AIIDS beach skit and volunteered in botanical garden cleaning,Kabakkam rally,rock beach cleaning and campus cleaning.
31. Parvin Banu.S had won first in quiz(St. Anne’s)&drama(POPLIXER) and participated in poetry ,games and won first in Tamil essay writing.
32. Preda Naserin.A had participated in drama(literary meet,literary club),pot painting pongal,slogan writing and won first in St. Anee’s quiz and second in drama.
33. Robert Raja Sharma.V had won first in literary meet mime and participated in St.Anee’s mime,drama(RRC) and badminton competitions.
34. Sharmila.A had participated in tamil essay writing,games,drama,throwball and won firsat in mime,second in ringball.
35. Shobana.R participated in ringball,cooking competions and won first in literary meet mime,third in pongal rangoli completion.
36. Sowmbiya.A had volunteered in medical camp,NSS Keezsathamangalam camp,Shimla National camp,villianur &Uruvaiyaru rally,beach cleaning,speech in youth parliament,blood donation,helmet awareness,AIDS awareness program,Periya kovil cleaning,cooking completion,botanical garden cleaning,Kombakkam cleanind awareness,and won first in badminton,third in Barathidasan cooking,first in coco game,second in throwball and also a member in Pasumai Thuligal.
37. Sri Jothi Priya.R.T had participated in dance and cooking competition and also performed dance in various occations.
38. Suguna.M had participated in cooking,essay writing,mime(St.Anne’s),Carrom competition,literary meet mime and AIDS awareness drama, and won second in literary meet drama.
39. Suguna Priya .M had participated in games,dance and won second in kho-kho,third in badminton and volunteered in campus cleaning NSS ,botanical garden cleaning,flower show cleaning and NSS rally.
40. Swathi.P had participated in dance in various occasions,ringball competition,women’s day sports,cooking,and won first in co-co,second in Hello FM dance,second in throwball and volunteered in Villianur cleaning,campus cleaning,blood donation,NSS beach rally,Thengthillu cleaning,botanical garden cleaning,rock beach cleaning,Kombakkam cleaning awareness,rock beach rally,Uravaiyaru rally,blood donation camp and medical camp.
41. Vishali.S had participated in dance (pongal,literary club) and cooking competition.
42. Agasthiya.M had participated in Kho-Kho match in Thavalakupam, IG stadium and Pondicherry university(2018), debate for teachers day program(2018), debate in Pongal celebration(2019), slogan writing, seek the shape, Poetry writing in Literaty meet(2018), hockey match in IG stadium, quiz competition(2018), drama in st.Anns college at Thindivanam(2018), Throwball match in Achariya sports(2019), Tamil elocution, Tamil essay writing, attended conference on “translation” at Pachaiyappas college, American council at Chennai.
43. Emimal.B had won second prize in connection, participated in Tamil essay writing(2017), seek the shape in literary meet(2018), Rangoli competition in Pongal celebration(2019), attended conference at Vellore(2018).
44. Gayathri. G had participated in kolam, Pluzz up(2018), story writing competition(2019), attended conference at Vellore(2018), attended conference for “script writing”(2019).
45. Gowthama buddha had participated in mime in literary club(2018), attended conference at Vellore(2018), attended conference on “translation” at Pachaiyappas college(2018).
46. Jaya Arasi. M had participated in quiz, drama in literary club(2018), attended conference at Vellore(2018), attended conference on “translation” at Pachaiyappas college(2018).
47. Krithika.K had won first prize for singing competition in REC office(2018), second prize in pec for singing(2018), participated singing in college day(2018),drama in literary meet as a guest performance(2018).
48. Mageshwari.K had won third prize in traditional walk(2019), participated in quiz, drama in literary meet(2018),attended conference at Vellore(2018), attended conference on “translation” at Pachaiyappas college(2018).
49. Nalini. G had participated in Rangoli and Kavithai competition(2018), badminton at Rajiv Gandhi college(2018), attended conference on “translation” at Pachaiyappas college(2018), American council at Chennai(2017).
50. Nishanthini.t had participated in Tamil elocution, kolam, traditional walk in Pongal celebration(2019), Pluzz up, story writing, pic writing in literary meet(2018), attended conference for Script writing(2018), attended conference for feminism(2018), attended conference at Vellore(2018).
51. Priya darshini. M had won first prize in Tamil poetry writing(2018), participated in Rangoli, Tamil essay writing, Tamil poetry writing in Pongal Celebration(2018), Seek the shape, Pyramid construction at Achariya arts and science college(2018), dance in literary meet(2018), Tamil essay competition at Tagore arts college(2018), attended conference on “translation” at Pachaiyappas college(2018), American council at Chennai(2017).
52. Samundeeswari.D had participated in Tamil essay writing, Tamil poetry writing, Rangoli, in Pongal celebration(2018), seek the shape, pyramid construction competition in Achariya arts and science college(2018), attended conference at Vellore(2018), attended conference on “translation” at Pachaiyappas college(2018), American council at Chennai(2017).
53. Saraswathi.D had won second prize in connection at Achariya arts and science college(2018), participated in Rangoli competition(2018), seek the shape, attended conference at Vellore(2018).
54. Vanishree.V had participated in mime, quiz in literary meet(2018), attended conference at Vellore(2018), attended conference on “translation” at Pachaiyappas college(2018).
Achariya Literary Forum: The Department of English is organizing Achariya Literary Forum for the students of English in every Thursday. Through this forum students can mend their thoughts in to voices.
The Department of English has initiated Research Forum ALF (Achariya Literary Forum) on 22/1/2016. On Every Friday it has created a platform for students to present their papers and helps to strengthen students literary knowledge.
ACHARIYA LITERARY MEET ‘2016
The Department of English has conducted an intra –collegiate Literary competition ACHARIYA LITERARY MEET ‘2016 on 22.03.2016.
Achariya Literary Meet 2020
Department of English organized A three day ACHARIYA LITERARY MEET 2k20 0n March 5,6&7 made a remarkable significant mile stone in Achariya Arts and Science college. It is first time in our college celebrated three days long event invited from various schools and colleges more than 1600 outside visitors (including participants, students, teachers and parents) into campus for the event. It is an exclusive initiative of the English department to provide an amazing platform for students to unleash their talents in various events like Group Dance, Mine, Literary Parade, Solo Song, Singing, Click your Memory, Click your Mind, Poster Presentation, Art Craft, Rubik’s Cube, T shirt Panting, Words worth, Poetry Writing, Collage, Connection, Literary Quiz, Treasure Hunt, Beat Boxing and Short Film. It was the first time conducted as outdoor program with musical nights. The department of English has created a new trend of culture in Achariya with its unique events. THE BATTLE OF CHAMPS for school students, Our Akalavya students won the Overall championship prize with cash award Rs 5,000. THE BATTLE OF STORMS for college students, St.Joseph students won the overall championship prize with cash award Rs.10,000. The event ends with Price distribution and Live Musical Night.
International Conference on Literature In English Translation
The excellence of our students S.Srinishiya, M.Tamizh Ilakkiya, S.Nadhiya of II BA English and Staff Mrs.K.Neeladevi, Asst. Prof of English have presented their papers in the THREE DAY INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON LITERATURES IN ENGLISH TRANSLATION conducted by Kanchi Mamunivar Centre for Post Graduate Studies, Puducherry on 25/9/2019. They are the only UG students among other participants ( PhD scholars and Professors) have presented their papers in the conference and received special appreciation for their presentation from the chair person.
A set of students from the Department of English have presented their paper in A Two Day International Conference on February 11 th, conducted by BWDA Arts and Science College, Milam. Students have gained their critical bend of knowledge through the key speakers of the conference.
EVENTS PARTICIPATED BY THE STUDENTS
|SL No||EVENT NAME||PARTICIPANTS||PRIZE|
|1.||Hello FM 106.4 Hz, Puducherry||II and III year students||II –Prize with 15,000 Cash award and Trophy|
|2.||Siga College Literary Meet , Villupuram||II and III year students||Mono Act- I Prize|
|Mime –II Prize|
|Literary Quiz- III Prize|
|Literary Quotes –II Prize|
|3.||Responsible Tourism by Puducherry||II B.A – Akshaya|
|4.||PECOFFES by Puducherry||II B.A- Poornima & Divya Priya||Megandhi –I Prize
Shipwreck –II Prize
|5.||Pope Elixir 15, Puducherry||II & III Year students||–|
|6.||Quiz Competition ,SMVEC, Puducherry||II year students||–|
|7.||SIOL, Quiz Competition, Puducherry||II & III Year students||–|
|8.||A Symposium on education for a better society by Azim Premji Foundation, Puducherry||II & III year students||–|
|9.||Pope Elixir 16, Puducherry||I & III year students||II Prize-Drama with 2,500 Cash award|
Overall Trophy at Saint Ann’s College, Thindivanam.
The department of English Students have come up with laurels and adding pride feathers to college by winning overall trophy in SACURA LITERARY FEST conducted at St Ann’s college of Arts and Science college, Thindivanam on 21.11.2019. Our students took part in all the events like Drama, Poem Enacting, Extempore, quiz competition and Monologue. Around 10 colleges with 130 students participated in the event in which our students have again proved their excellence and have won First prize in Drama and Poem Enacting and Third prize in Extempore and have won the Overall Trophy.
Overall Trophy at Saint Joseph College, Cuddalore.
Department of English students have come up with laurels to college by winning overall trophy in LITERARY FEST conducted at St Joseph College, Cuddalore on 6.9.2019. Our students took part in all the events like Drama, Literary Parade, Literary Quiz, Poetry Recitation, Drawing, Puzzle, Collage, Soliloquy and connections. Around 15 colleges participated in the event in which our students have won 3 -FIRST prize and 3- SECOND prize & the OVERALL TROPHY.
Pondicherry LIT FEST
The Students of English along with Mr.T.Janarthanan, HOD, have participated in the PONDY LIT FEST 2019 at Shenbaga Convention Center on Sep 27th,28th, and 29th . The session started with discussion of impressive experts of various fields. Eminent speakers’ plenaries like Tuhin Sinha, Political commentator, Author of Let the Person Be Love, S. Venkastesh , Author of Kalkoot, Viva Kermani , Writer and Environmentalist and Tavleen Singh , Senior journalist and columnist , Author of Durbar and India’s Broken Tryst. The session was really informative to the students who gathered over there.
Department of English conducted a Guest Lecture on “Melodies for Melodies” by Dr.Karthick Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of English, Annamalai University on 19/8/2015.
Mrs.Bindu Balan , Assistant Professor , Tagore Arts college,puducherry ,delivered a Guest Lectue on “Effective Communication Skills” for the students of English Language and Literature on 17.10.2015.
Dr. S.Sujaritha , Assistant Professor , Community college was invited for a Guest Lecture on “Significance of Language and Literature” for the students of english department on 20.10.2015.
US CONSOLATE: The Department of English (77 students and 6 faculties) has visited US Consulate (American Library, chennai )as part of students’ educational curriculum
A Visit to British Council:
The students of English Department along with faculty members had a one day visit to British Council for a workshop on “Every Day English” on 11th sep 2019 at Chennai. It was a session of three batches with the language experts of the council which covered to learn in a day improving both fluency as well as language accuracy such as vocabulary buildings, the appropriate English expression to use in situation, usage of idioms, to understand the English used in a rage of everyday situation and pronunciation activities. And also students visited the photography Exhibition displayed in the great hall of the council. The exhibition showcased a range of wonderful selection of photos taken by a prominent photographer Mr. Sathiyajit. More than 80 images were displayed at large in the hall. Students also had an interactive session with him a rage of questions and critical appreciation on the displayed images.
Nationa Archives Of India
Students of English Department along with staff members has visited the Nationa Archives Of India On 25.01.2016
A students orientation programme : The Department of English has conducted “A students orientation programme” for all the second and first year students entitled “BUSINESS ENGLISH CERTIFICATION AND IELTS “ by Cambridge University Press India Limited on 01.03.2016 in our Auditorium.
Orientation Program for IAS&IPS
The Department of English organized a one day orientation program for IAS &IPS by TIMES Institution, Pondicherry on 24th Febrary 2020. Students of all the discipline who are having aspiration to become an IAS & IPS officer have attended the program. In lieu of that the Manager from Times Institution Pondicherry has oriented our students regarding how to prepare for IAS& IPS competitive examinations. Students have actively participated and got the clarification from the speakers. Students got a way of clarification through this orientation program. The move was initiated with an aim to have Achariyans become a potential IAS & IPS officer in future.
Orientation Program on “Soft Skills Training”
The department of English has organized an orientation program on “Soft Skills training” on 19/8/2019. Mrs.Arthi Selvanathan, sole proprietor of la concord , pondicherry was invited as Chief Guest. Through this session, she emphasised that soft skills are very essential for the students’ community to achieve their goals. The Students of English department have actively participated in the program and enthusiastically interacted with her.
Orientation Program for Higher Studies in Canada
The Department of English organized a one day orientation program for higher studies in UK by SI-Uk ACADEMY, Chennai on 29th January 2020.Final year Students of all the departments who are having aspiration for higher studies in England and Ireland attended the program. In lieu of that Mr Mohammed Ashik, Business Development Manager from SI-UK Chennai has oriented our students regarding higher studies in England and Ireland. Students have actively participated and got the clarification from the speakers. Students got a way of clarification through this orientation program to pursue their higher studies in England and Ireland. The move was initiated with an aim to have Achariyans a globally competitive and potential individual of the successive life.
Orientation Program for Higher Studies in Canada
The Department of English organized an orientation program for higher studies in Canada on 30th July 2019. Final year Students of all the departments who are having aspiration for higher studies in Canada attended the program. In lieu of that the two eminent professors Mrs.Ruth and Mrs. Kavitha sayani, from St Clair college Colorado, Canada addressed the students regarding higher studies in Canada. Students have actively participated and got a way of clarification through this orientation program to pursue their higher studies in Canada. The move was initiated with an aim to have Achariyans a globally competitive and potential individual of the successive life.
SIX DAYS ORIENTATION PROGRAM FOR FIRST YEAR STUDENTS (2020-2021 BATCH)
|1||14/10/2020||Orientation Program on” ENJOY LITERATURE IN YOUR CLASS ROOM “||MR.T.JANARTHANAN|
|2.||15/10/2020||Orientation Program on “IMPROVE YOUR LSRW SKILLS”||MRS. RADHAPRIYA|
|3||16/10/2020||Orientation Program on “ MEDITATION FOR LIFE”||DR.A.ELANGOVAN|
|4||19/10/2020||“MASTER YOUR BRAIN THROUGH ENGLISH”||MRS.K.NEELADEVI|
|5||20/10/2020||“TEST YOUR ENGLISH GRAMMAR”||MRS. V.GAJALAKSHMI|
|6||21/10/2020||“ IMPROVE YOUR PRONUNCIATION “||MRS.J.UMARANI|
The Department of English conducted a one day workshop on “Personality Development “by Anchal Sharma , Assistant professor, Department of English ,E.S.College of Enngneering Technoloy on 18.03.2016.
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The Department of English, Achariya Arts and Science College has inaugurated a research forum 22nd January 2016. The purpose of the forum is to encourage and motivate the students to pursue their research interests in their higher studies. The forum has planned to provide a platform for the students to make their paper presentations, to listen to guest lectures and to actively participate in other such literary activities. All the students are given a topic from the prescribed syllabus so that they would make their first attempt more comfortably and at the same time it would help them during their exams. All the sessions were interactive and thought provoking.
- The Department of English organized a Guest Lecture on “Literature and Literary Studies” on 9th of September by K.Muruganadan, Assistant Professor, Department of English, Thiruvalluvar University, Constituent Arts And Science College.
- The Department of English has been organizing ACHARIYA LITERARY FORUM on every week of Thursday since 28/7/2017. The main purpose of the forum is to entrust research interest in the young minds by making them to present papers on Literature and Language.
- The Department of English has conducted an intra –collegiate LITERARY MEET ‘2017 on 20.03.2017. Students participated and exhibited their innate literary talents
- Students of B.A English has participated in Drama and Won Second Prize in the 11th inter state collegiate English Literary Meet conducted by Pope John Paul II college OF Education , Puducherry.
- SASIKALA of II Year B.A English has participated 10 Days National Level PRE-RD PARADE CAMP at Thiruchirappalli.
- The Department of English has celebrated GREEN DAY on 15/7/2017 to add colour to the Environment of the college. A live Green potted plant were given to each student to take with them.
- Poornima of III B.A English has Participated and won First Prize in a one day national level intercollegiate cultural meet PopeFete’16 on 21st October 2016.
- Student of A English Participated in Kalloori saalai organized by Hello FM
- Students of A English Participated in puducherry digital youth summit 2016 organized by ICT Academy held on 12 the August 2016 at Kamban Kalaiarangam, Puducherryy.
- Poornima of III B.A English Participated and won Second Prize in the event Giving the X-Factor of DINE2O 2k17 , the National level intercollegiate fest organized by Department of Economics, Pondicherry University, held during 28th Feb and 1st March 2017.
- Poornima of III B.A English Participated and won II Prize in Variety Variety Event under the auspices of Rec-O-Fes’17 (An Intercollegiate Technical Cum Cultural Festival) organized by Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology
- Poornima of III B.A English Participated in the PBCMDC EXPO 2016 –Cultural Programme organized by the Government of Puducherry, Puducherry 2016.
- Students on Educational trips can often learn while having fun in a more informal environment. Our Students of A English has gone to three days educational Trip to Ooty in the Month of February. They enjoyed and Visited the places Tea factory, Botanical Garden , Smis Park
SYMPOSIUM ON 6.2.2016
The Department of English (50 students along with 7 faculty members ) participated on Sinthanai Sangaman,a symposium on 6.2.2016 at Pondicherry University conventional hall by Azim Premji Foundation.
Workshop on Theatre
The Department of English Students along with two faculty members Mrs.V.Gajalakshmi and MrsK.Neeladevi have participated in a one day workshop on Theatre organized by E.S.Arts and Science College, Villupuram on 12.09.19. The workshop was very useful to the students to enhance their theoretical skill.
One day Workshop on Enhancing Communicative Competence Through Skill-Based Interventions
A team of students and a faculty Mrs.V.Gajalakshmi, Asst Professor from English Department have participated in a one day workshop on ENHANCING COMMUNICATIVE COMPETENCE THROUGH SKILL-BASED INTERVENTIONS on 24 th September 2019 organised by the department of English, Dr.M.G.R.Government Arts and Science College for Women, Villupuram.
A one day Workshop on “Book Publishing’
The department of English has organized a One day Workshop on “Book Publishing” on 6/8/2019. Mr. Lokeshwar Raj, a young writer of a book called “ A friend like You” was invited as Chief Guest. In his address, he insisted to have a habit of reading books one who wants to become a good writer. Ten Students of English have written stories whose first look of the title pages of the books were released . Very soon young writers of Achariyans would publish their writings into a form of books. It was also a session for welcoming first year students of English by senior students. At the end of program, students were appreciated with Certificates.
Department of Visual Communication
WORKSHOP ON MULTIMEDIA
The department of Visual Communication conducted a two-day workshop on Multimedia on
21.09.17 & 22.09.17
Industrial Visit to ‘THE HINDU:
Industrial Visit to ‘THE HINDU’ newspaper printing press at Chennai on 15.09.2017
The Students of Department of Visual Communication from Achariya Arts and Science College visited ‘THE HINDU’ newspaper printing press at Chennai on 15.09.2017 to enhance their knowledge on newspaper printing process. The officials at the ‘THE HINDU’ explained about the basics of printing and the technology used by them, which is a unique of its kind in whole South Asia. The students witnessed the newspaper printing live and learned the production process right from the newspaper print design to dispatch, which is fully automated.
MANIKANDAN.S of II Year Visual Communication won II Prize(Cash) in the DSLR Macro Photography in ZARIUS inter-collegiate Symposium conducted by Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology.
Students forum is conducted every Friday in the department were students get chance to show case their area of interest and share the same with the peer group.
As part of it III year student Manibharathi presented in the topic FILM APPRECIATION about director Mishkin.
MANIBARATHI II YEAR of Visual Communication won III Prize for the film
“KANAVUGAL” in MIT.
II & III Year students of B.Sc.,Visual Communication were sent to various media organizations like Vijay TV, Zee TV, Cauvery TV etc., for a 10-day Internship to enhance their knowledge and skills on Television production.
On 15 th February2019, 20 students along with 1 lecturer went for a fieldtrip to Auroville Pondicherry with an aim to complete the practical paper photography. Students were given theoretical inputs and based on that they started the work. With the help of the subject expert students were able to clear their doubts and were able to complete their task.
Department of M.Com
Organized a one day visit at AnandaRangaPillai library various sections starting from e-books, e-journals, e-databases, printed journals , Magazines, Thesis Section, Academic Online Videos, Video Talks etc along with the training section of how to operate the bloomberg database ,Pondicherry University at 04.09.2019
On the Same day the department students visit the MCOM Department of Pondicherry University ,School of Management and had interactions with the staff of PU
The Department of Commerce organize Two Day National Conference On RECENT PARADIGM SHIFT IN FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT in Achariya Arts And Science College on 30th and 31st October 2019.
The Department conducted Guest Lecturer on the topic of “Innovation On Banking” and distributed the prizes for inter department events at AASC auditorium on 30.09.2019.
The M.Com Department students participated in M.Com Research Forum Were various topicrelated to Commerce and Management and the upcoming financial Matters are discussed by the students on every Friday from 1.30 pm to 2.30 Pm at M.com lecturer hall ,AASC. Every student present their topic on the forum and clarify the quires of the participant from sister’s department staff and students.
The Department students presented various topic in the Two Day National Conference On
Recent Paradigm Shift in Finance and Management [RPSFM -2019] organized by Achariya
Arts and Science college on 30 th and 31 st October 2019 the topics presented are:
V.Malini and Logeesh.R of II Mcom presented a topic on “A Modus operandi of pay perclick ” and won the second best paper award with a cash price at One Day National conference on “The Future is Here” organized by Department of Management, M.O.V Vaishnav College , Chennaion 04 th February 2020.
The Department students participated in various event on VANICOM organized by Department of Commerce, School of Management, Pondicherry University on 04 th March 2020.
The Department students participated various events on DECOM 2020 organized by
Kanchi Mamunivar Government College on 20th February 2020.
The department of M.com had conducted the NET exam coaching for the final year students
1. Greetings from Achariya!
Cleanliness is the key component to a peaceful ambience. No stone can be left unturned when it comes to create a safe and healthy learning environment. With this notion,NSS team of Achariya Arts and Science college,delightfully sharing here that we have conducted the ‘ Campus Cleaning ‘ on 30.01.2021 .
Our Mentor, Mr. K. Ramesh Babu sir has shared his views on “The importance of cleanliness and the benefits of keeping the campus clean and green”. Our faculty members Dr. C. Ramesh Kumar, Head, Department of Commerce, and Dr. Senthil kumar,Head , Department of Mathematics have spent their time, support and guidance during the process.
NSS program officer, Dr. Rajaprabhu has shared his views on Healthy and Safety practices to be followed by the students during their stay in the campus. Further, the students and the faculties of our college have also joined the team during the process.
We express our sincere gratitude to our Honourable MD ji, respected COO ji, Principal ji and Our Mentor ji for their support and encouragement.
2. NSS UNIT Of ACHARIYA ARTS and SCIENCE COLLEGE has organised “Traffic and Road Safety Awareness Rally” at beach, Puducherry on 04-02-2021 to make people understand the importance of wearing a helmet.
The secretary (EDUCATION) The director of school (EDUCATION) and RTO inaugurated the state NSS officer, program coordinator, program officer,organised the program .
The participants raised slogans on the theme, exhibited placards and distributed pamphlets.
We express our sincere gratitude to Our beloved MD ji, respected COO sir, Esteemed Principal Sir , Honourable Mentor Sir and all the Heads and faculties for their kind support throughout the program.
3. We are happy to share that our beloved MD ji’s father Thiru Theni Jayakumar sir has offered delicious food for 20,000 people both devotes and public on the occasion of Thirukanchi Masimakam. In lieu of that The NSS unit of AASC along with six staff members have actively coordinated the event ( 26.2.2021). On this we would like to convey our gratitude to our beloved MD ji, respected COO sir , esteemed CFO Sir and Mentor sir for their valuable guidance for a successful completion.
4. Day 4 (04.03.2021) of the special camp.
The Program started with the meditation followed by Rally on the theme SAVE WATER and HELMET AWARENESS
In the forenoon session Mr. K. K. Madhivadanan Head& Assistant professor, Dept. Of B. Com Corporate Secretaryship, AASC,has deliverd a motivational speech.
The NSS volunteers along with coordinators incorporated our MD JI project DMIT Test with the help of ACHARIYA Sri Sampoorna Vidhyalayam Team in keezhsathamangalam .
Many parents along with their children happily and willingly particpated in the test.
The afternoon session was engaged by Dr. A. Rajaraman, Assistant Professor ,Dept of Tamil,AASC encouraged the Volunters by sharing his NSS unit experience .
The senior NSS Volunteer Mr. Poovarasan of II M.Com explained about the modern techniques in agriculture with practical session in his agriculture field .
The above mentioned program was organized by Dr.Rajaprabu, NSS coordinator of the college.
We express our sincere gratitude to our Beloved MD ji, respected COO sir, esteemed Principal sir, Mentor Sir and all the faculties of the AASC for their ceaseless support and encouragement.
34th Annual State Athletic Championship 2020-21. Organized by Pondicherry Amateur Athletic Association.
Venue: Indira Gandhi Sports Complex, Uppalam, Puducherry. Our Achariya Arts and Science Students Have won the medals.
- K. Pavithra, BBA IInd year, Shot Put GOLD Medal.
- R. Shivaraman, B.Sc IT IInd year, Shot Put, Silver Medal.
- P. Hariprakash, BBA I st year, Jevelin Throw, Silver Medal. Congratulations to our Students.