Department of Commerce (Corporate Secretaryship)
About the Department
The Department of B.Com Corporate Secretaryship was established in the Academic Year 2004 – 2005. The course provides a better curriculum in order to produce well qualified professionals required in corporate sector and also come up with knowledge to the real world perspective and emerging corporate environment to understand through corporate sectors. Our department consists of well – qualified faculty members, good infrastructure and a sound curriculum. The department also contributes and works on the all-round development of the students. The Department helps and moulds the students to face and tackle the challenges in their career and also paves way to take up Master Degree Programmes in the field of Commerce, Accounting, Finance and Management. Through this Course, students can excel in the Technical Skills associated with many of the procedures of Finance Analysis and Accounting Standards. The Graduates of B.Com Accounting and Finance are usually hired in the areas like Educational Institutions, Banks, Stock Exchanges, Excise Department, and Auditing Offices etc. They can find numerous types of jobs and can become. Business Analyst, Money Manager, Risk Analyst, Senior Accountant, Market Analyst, Financial Analyst, Cashier/Teller, Operations Manager, Auditors, Executive Assistant, Investment Banker, etc. This course enables students to become Company Secretaries and add an impetus to qualify for the prestigious Company Secretaries programme floated by the Association of Company Secretaries of India.
To be recognized as a leader in providing quality professional Commerce, Accounting and Finance, education and known as one of the best Centres at National and International level in the field of Corporate Secretaryship.
- To create a student-centered learning environment that promotes academic excellence, professional and personal growth.
- To provide required research atmosphere that helps the students to be a self-learner and to involve them in the areas of research.
- To imbue a spirit of ethical and professional conduct to disseminate humanity and ethics in the society.
- To prepare the students become an efficient professional in the field of Commerce, Accounting Finance, and Corporate Secretaryship.
INFINITY AND BEYOND THE COURSE
The B.Com Corporate Secretaryshipdegree programme provides abundant academic exposure to excel the students towards corporate expectations. Thecourse furnishes the students for exploring the platform in manufacturing and service sectors at a higher position like CA, ICWAI, and ACS and leads their career as certified corporate professionals. The course is an updated version to create young Entrepreneurs and Business professional with high potential and concentrated calibre.
TIME PROSPECT AND LATITUDE OF THE COURSE
The duration of the B.ComCorporate Secretaryship degree programme shall be for three academic years of six semesters. The Business or Corporate Secretaries provide a wide array of managerial services to corporate corridors and create our students as executives in the following corporate arena.
- Chartered Accountant
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Associate Company Secretary
- Corporate Financial Analyst
- Corporate Credit Analyst
- Compliance Officers
- Corporate Sales Executives
- Export Managers
- Corporate Managers
- Corporate Research Analyst
- Governance Development Officer
Candidates for admission to the first year of B.Com Corporate Secretaryship degree should require to have passed in the Higher Secondary examination (+2) or any board or equivalent course recognized by the Pondicherry University, having Commerce and / or Accountancy as one of the major subjects.
VALUE ADDED COURSES FOR B. COM (Corporate Secretaryship)
- CA (Chartered Accountant)
- SEED (School for Entrepreneurial and Employability Development)
- ICTACT (Training for Placement)
- NSDC (Skill Development)