Department of Visual Communication
About the Department
B.Sc Visual Communication is a three-year undergraduate course that deals with animation, videography, photography and a mixture of editing techniques. The core endeavor of the course is to train the students in areas such as communication, drawing, printing, web designing, media and many more. The students pursuing the course of B.Sc Visual Communication have job opportunities in India and abroad in various domains such as in media, advertisements, information technology and much more. Visual Communication Incorporate a variety of topics from various web designing and studio effects merged into a single course. The job opportunities for the course is in a wide range with job scope in areas like graphic designing, illustrations, video production in the private and public sectors of various organizations.
- Students will be able to create original works of fine and applied arts.
- Students will be able to articulate the role of visual communication within society, and implement the creative process to solve diverse visual communication problems.
- Students will be able to conceive a visually unified and balanced design using various two and three-dimensional media that communicates a clear message to an audience.
- Students will be able to articulate the fundamental elements and principals of formalist design that enable a visual message to meaningfully engage an audience.
- Students will be able to articulate the differences between several visual communication models, including semiotics and formalism.
- Students will be able to identify a broad range of visual communication products throughout history and relate them to the respective social, political, economic and philosophical contexts.
- Students will be able to articulate how works of art and architecture reflect and relate to the natural and built environments of their time.
Drawing Lab: The Drawing Lab has a fine infrastructure with many facilities for drawing and Graphic Design works
Photography Lab: The lab has latest still cameras for indoor and outdoor shooting. The lab also has a Professional lighting set up in the lab for the shooting purpose. We give camera for the students to shoot inside and outside the college campus.
Audio Visual Room: The Audio visual room is used for the purpose of screening classical movies and documentaries for the students. It has the facility of a big screen for projection.
CG Lab (Computer Graphics Lab): We have separate lab CG.We have the facility of latest software for designing & Modeling & special Effects. They do have 3ds Max, after effect Maya software’s.
Association/Club: AVM- Achariya Visual Club
The Department always stands high in beating Gold Medals every year in University Examination. So far we have 7 University Rank Holders.
The Department offers various Certificate Courses which have been started with the aim of enhancing and enriching the students learning experience in the College and to bring about a more holistic approach to learning as well as to cultivate and develop the necessary skills for various vocations and careers. These courses cater to the various academic and vocational needs of the students.
- Certificate Course In Flash
- Certificate Course In Audio Video Editing(Cave)
- Certificate Course In Webpage Design & Internet
- Diploma In Desktop Publishing(Ddtp)
- Certificate Course In Blender 3d
- Certificate Course In 3d Studio Max
- Certificate Course In Adobe Illustrator
The entire student from Department of Visual Communication has to undergo the industrial training as a compulsory program before they graduate. These are the following industrial scopes:
- Gain knowledge and precious experience in the entire Media Filed which is very closely associated to Visual Communication.
- Learn to know the proper way and procedure to run a Media Organization.
Students have been place in various reputed media organizations like Sun Network, Behind woods Media, Vintage Photography, Integra Software solutions,Yuvabe, Vintage Photography, Trndloud, etc.,
Students from the department visual communication have participated in various competitions and won prizes and awards for the same.
VISUAL COMMUNICATION KEY SKILLS
- Designing skills.
- Media Professional Skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Art Director.
- Copy Writer.
- Film Director.
- Media Professional.
- Graphic Designer.
Under Graduate Courses
- A in Mass communication and Journalism
- A. in Film and television Studies.
- Sc in Fashion Designing.
Post Graduate Courses
- Sc in Visual Communication.